Use the form below to search for pages in the Gesneriad Reference Web containing specific words or combinations of words. The text search engine will display a list of matching pages, with better matches shown closer to the top of the list. Each list item is a link to a matching page. A brief explanation of the query language is available, along with examples. Please note that most searches will find multiple pages. Some of these will be pages used to illustrate articles, with no content other than a picture and a label. These usually have a filename beginning with "art". Pages with a filename beginning with part of a genus name (like "chiri" or "sinni") will usually contain more information.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary Boolean expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped with parentheses. For example:
- columnea sinningia
- finds documents containing 'columnea' or 'sinningia'
- columnea or sinningia
- same as above
- columnea and sinningia
- finds documents containing both 'columnea' and 'sinningia'
- columnea not sinningia
- finds documents containing 'columnea' but not 'sinningia'
- (columnea not sinningia) and nematanthus
- finds documents containing 'nematanthus', plus 'columnea' but not 'sinningia'
finds documents containing words starting with 'art'